Interreg North-West Europe – SCALE-UP4REHAB – Scaling-up virtual rehabilitation in the NWE region
Scale-up4Rehab brings together rehabilitation clinics, university medical centres, knowledge institutions and innovation networks to create an open virtual rehabilitation clinic in the NWE area. The aim is to scale-up existing virtual rehabilitation interventions (VR/AR/AI) and contribute to the digital transformation of the sector by incorporating these interventions in practitioners’ daily practices and curriculum.
- Develop and implement a joint strategy and action plan for realizing an open NWE virtual rehabilitation “clinic” for online and blended rehabilitation care scaling up a minimum of 12 2D/3D rehabilitation interventions accompanied with a business plan (preconditions for governance model, business model, reimbursement arrangements) for long term sustainability.
- Implement 8 interconnected regional pilots in 5 countries (BE/NL/DE/IR/LU) in which different types of patients (neurological and non-neurological diseases with highest disease burden) and their healthcare practitioners pilot the use of the virtual rehabilitation “clinic” in various healthcare settings. These pilots are used as show cases, to encourage further scaling up in regions, among patients’ groups, thus in accelerating the digital transformation of the rehabilitation sector.
- Implement capacity building activities (training, coaching, workshops) for
- Healthcare practitioners in the field of rehabilitation, to support the transition towards blended and online care
- Patients to increase their ability to use virtual rehabilitation
- Enterprises developing virtual rehabilitation tools to support/encourage new developments
- Health care insurance organizations and other stakeholders in the health system which need to support in the healthcare transition.
- A business model and implementation strategy for virtual rehabilitation clinics
- Regional pilots of virtual clinic
- NWE Virtual Rehabilitation Clinic
- Virtual Coaching Centre
- Online training packages to support the adoption of virtual rehabilitation by all target groups
Project start : June 2023
Duration : 60 months
Budget : 10 780 395€